Internal Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC) of JIS University has been established as a quality maintenance measure in accordance with its action Plan for performance evaluation, assessment, accreditation, and quality up-gradation. Since quality improvement is a continuous activity, the IQAC will integrate into the institution's system and work toward the achievement of the aim of quality improvement and maintenance. The main goal of the IQAC is to create a system that will improve institutions' overall performance in a conscious, consistent, and catalytic way on developing the holistic academic excellence.
- Prof. Pintu Kumar De
- M.Pharm, PhD (Jadavpur University)
- Director, IQAC, JIS University
Prof. Pintu Kumar De, Director IQAC is an alumnus of Jadavpur University from where he obtained his Graduation (B. Pharm) and Post-Graduation (M. Pharm) degree and has also been awarded Doctor of Philosophy in Pharmacy (PhD in Pharmacy) from the same university.
He has been serving the JIS University for past five years since the year 2017 in the Department of Pharmaceutical Technology. He is having more than 22 years of teaching experience in the established and reputed teaching institutions of West Bengal, Odisha and Sikkim. He is also having one year administrative experience as Principal in AICTE and PCI approved Pharmacy College and one and half year as HOD in deemed to be University at West Bengal. He supervised 23 PG students in their dissertation work and acted as a co-supervisor of one PhD scholar from JU. Presently 6 students are doing their PhD under his supervision at JIS University. He authored and co-authored number of research articles published in national and international journal of repute. His area of research interest is TDDS, Nanoparticulate, Microparticulate and Topical drug delivery systems. With his keen ability to conduct academic programme, research activities and administrative responsibilities Dr. De will definitely be an integral part in the growth of the JIS University.
- To develop a quality system for conscious, consistent and catalytic action to improve the academic and administrative performance of the JIS UNIVERSITY (JISU)
- To promote measures for institutional functioning towards quality enhancement through internalization of quality culture and institutionalization of best practices.
- Development and application of quality benchmarks/parameters for various academic and administrative activities of the University.
- Facilitating the creation of a learner-centric environment conducive to quality education and faculty maturation to adopt the required knowledge and technology for participatory teaching and learning process;
- Arrangement for feedback response from students, parents and other stakeholders on quality-related institutional processes;
- Dissemination of information on various quality parameters of higher education;
- Organization of inter and intra institutional workshops, seminars on quality related themes and promotion of quality circles;
- Documentation of the various programs/activities of JISU leading to quality improvement;
- Acting as a nodal agency of JISU for coordinating quality-related activities, including adoption and dissemination of best practices;
- Development of Quality Culture in JISU;
- Ensure heightened level of clarity and focus in institutional functioning towards quality enhancement;
- Ensure internalization of the quality culture;
- Ensure enhancement and coordination among the various activities of the institution and institutionalize good practices;
- Provide a sound basis for decision-making to improve institutional functioning;
- Act as a dynamic system for continuous quality improvements in JISU.